Friday, May 11, 2012

Excuse Me

So my mom comes home one day and she proceeds to tell us what happened that day at work. "Well one of the ladies I work with, her daughter just got a new boyfriend" she said. "So I talked to her about him and she said that she wasn't thrilled with her daughter for choosing him cause he's kind of a nerd." "But this was what got me, she then tells me about him and said that he didn't play any sports, was really good in school, played video games, and was into computer." .............................................."Excuse me?!" I said to my mom. "I know, she exclaimed, I told that she just described my son and my daughter's boyfriend."  " What's wrong with liking that stuff? There could be worse things that we are into!" I replied.
So apparently you're a nerd know if you like video games, don't play sports, are good in school, and are into computers. But you know what they say about nerds? " Be nice to the nerds, because they might be your boss someday."
I just love this song!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, be nice to the nerds. We should be nice to them because they are wonderful people. A woman I worked with told me she noticed the "jocks" weren't good "husband material." I say this looking back at least 30+ years to the conversation. We are all wired differently in our brains. Some are left-brain focused-those mathematically inclined; others are right-brained focused and can focus on languages and writing. NERDS ARE PEOPLE TOO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When she was describing I was like, YEP, she just described me! Like 100% me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kent why do you always comment as Anonymous, Kent?!

      Delete