Saturday, March 24, 2012

Being a Drummer

First off before I say anything I would just like to say " Thank you God for giving me the talent to play such an awesome instrument, and even though I'm not the best at playing the drums, I hope that every time I play them that I bring glory to You."
Playing  the drums is one of the best thing that I will ever do in my life, they have helped me understand music better, move my limbs independently (which some people have trouble doing) and it has lead to countless complements from fellow church members and family. But being a drummer has it's pros and cons.
Pros: You don't have to worry about being off pitch because there are no notes on the drums, you don' need music because everything is played ear, you are base of the band meaning you hold everyone together. Cons: If you fail the rest of the band will probably fail as well, your equipment is large, heavy, and not easily movable, and you are always in the back where you are rarely seen.
I would just like to say that drumming has changed my life for the better and I hope to continue playing the drums at my church and other places in the future. In the meantime, What Instrument or Instruments do you play? And how have they affected your life? But if you don't play any instruments, What Instrument would you like to learn how to play? And Why?

Andrew G. Cox

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know you played, that's awesome!
    I played piano as a kid but quit lessons.
    Now, iknie simple chords for church music.
    I wish I would have stuck with the lessons; I imagine I wooikd have been pretty good by now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pro: Good with the ladies.

    I had no idea you played either! Coolio!
    I play the mandolin off and on. I know a few simple chords and can sing along, but other than that... not much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete